Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Trip to the Detroit Auto Show



I arrived in Detroit on Sunday January 16th, got my press credentials and was off to the auto show. As always, Jaguar press conferences draw a crowd, and what a crowd indeed. Jaguar’s newest model launches include two very special Jaguars, the XKR and the XFR. These super-powerful Jaguars feature our newest engine, a 5.0L supercharged with 510 horsepower which performs 0-60 in just 4.7 seconds according to Jaguar, but manufacturers always underestimate—I bet they probably can do it under 4.5 seconds.





What can I say except the XKR and XFR were absolutely gorgeous. Just a few minor trim and interior changes just make these new models look so much better. The interior of the XK has a more mornernodel look, with some styling cues from our XF, including weaved aluminum trim. More leather, if there’s any room for it, just looks better, but the car doesn’t look beefier. While very fast, a woman wouldn’t feel like she was in a Smokie and the Bandit car, it’s elegant and modern, like a Jaguar should be. The 3 days I spent at the auto show were great as usual.



More to follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment