Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodbye to Gary Temple & Richard Beattie

It’s never easy saying goodbye... Two very important people that I’ve known for almost 20 years have retired from Jaguar Cars, Gary Temple, President of Jaguar/Land Rover, N.A. and Richard Beattie, EVP of Jaguar Cars.

I’ve spent many hours with both of them personally and professionally all over the world… We’ve talked about family, business, but never golf…

I love you both very much, it would take so long to describe the many experiences over the years, thanks for putting up with me, thanks for your patience, and thanks for teaching me the car business…



1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon this. I don't know your link to Jaguar, but I've owned 5 Jaguars and 3 Land Rover/Range Rover cars and had a problem last year with one. Temple was arrogant, refused to answer phone calls or letters, his staff was condescending and you could tell that he created a very bad environment for cutovers. When I talked to my dealer -- a Jaguar dealer for 30+ years, he said that since Temple took over they had the same problems with him.

    So last month, for the first time since 1980, I bought a new BMW and couldn't be happier. I'd spent $500,000+ with Jaguar/Land Rover over the years and was treated the way ATT treats a wireless customer complaining about dropped calls.

    I'm glad you had a good experience with Temple. To me he was an arrogant man and he lost a lifelong customer over it. And by word of mouth, I'll be sure that they lose more.

    ReplyDelete